Library announces December schedule
The Western News
The Lincoln County Public Library in Libby released its calendar of free programs and events for December.
This month’s program highlights:
• Tuesday, Dec. 9 – In honor of the coming holiday season, the Libby library will hold a gift-wrapping class at 5 p.m. on Dec. 9. Guest instructors will demonstrate best methods and practices for decorating holiday packages.
• Saturday, Dec. 13 – The December festivities continue with multiple family events at the library on Dec. 13. Beginning at noon, the library will show “A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie.” (100 minutes, rated PG). Following the film, families are invited to decorate gingerbread cookies for the holidays.
• Tuesday, Dec. 16 – Young adults are invited to discuss the book “Twilight” by Stephenie Meyer. Discussion begins at 3:30 p.m., and snacks will be provided.
• Tuesday, Dec. 16 – The library will present the latest installment of its foreign and independent film series. The movie begins at 6 p.m., and popcorn is provided. This month’s feature is the 2007 film “La Misma Luna” (“Under the Same Moon”). It is rated PG-13 and stars Adrian Alonso, Kate del Castillo, and America Ferrera. The drama follows the stories of Rosario, an illegal immigrant to the United States, and her young son, Carlitos.
• Thursday, Dec. 18 – The Libby library will hold a holiday-themed after-school program at 3:30 p.m. on Dec. 18. Attendees will have access to various art materials with which to construct holiday greeting cards. Participation is free and open to all interested parties. Snacks will be provided.
• Tuesday, Dec. 23 – Pajama Story Hour with Santa will be held at 6 p.m. During this family event, Santa will read stories and visit with the children. Other winter-themed activities and snacks will be provided. All attendees are invited to wear pajamas. In addition to Pajama Story Hour, a regular story time for children is offered every Tuesday at 10 a.m.
• Saturday, Dec. 27 – Cheap Date Movie. “ High School Musical.” (93 minutes, rated G) starring Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens.
• Tuesday, Dec. 30 – The Libby library will host an evening of poker basics. Although no gambling will take place, participants will learn about the different variations in the types of poker, hand rankings, as well as the basics of poker strategy. Appropriate poker night snacks will be provided. The game starts at 6 p.m.
The last Friday each month is “Amnesty Day.” Because the library is closed on Dec. 26,
Amnesty Day will be Dec. 19. Any overdue materials returned to any of the three libraries will have all penalties waived, regardless of degree of lateness.
The library will be closed Dec. 25-26 for Christmas.
For more upcoming library events, view the calendar on the Lincoln County Public Libraries website: www.lincolncountylibraries.com/calendar/Announcements.html .
The Lincoln County Libraries’ Myspace page also has a blog and its “Random Fact of the Day” at www.myspace.com/lincolncountylibraries .