Sunday, December 10, 2023

Jim Brickey

| January 25, 2007 11:00 PM

James Cecil Brickey Sr., 73, of Libby, died Monday, Jan. 22, 2007, on the way to St. John's Lutheran Hospital.

He was born Oct. 18, 1933, in Ashland, Ky., to Jetty (Webb) and Tracey Brickey.

Jim was drafted into the Army in August 1953. He was stationed in the Marshall Islands and then Fort Knox, Ky.

Upon returning to the states, Jim met the love of his life, the former Donna Lykins. They married Nov. 20, 1955.

Jim built fire trucks for Seagraves in Columbus, Ohio. In 1961, he moved his family to Rexford, where he and his brother, Bill, owned and operated Brickey Brothers garage.

Two years later, Jim purchased the Standard station in Libby, where he moved his family. Jim owned and operated Jim's Auto Wrecking in Libby from 1967 to 2003. Semi-retired, he then purchased Jim's Auto in Libby in 2003 and worked their until his death.

Jim belonged to The Mavericks band in the 1970s and 1980s.

He built and raced stock cars along with his wife in the early 1970s. Jim had the trophies to show for his success.

He enjoyed spending time with family, camping and fishing at Big Creek with his children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren.

Jim will be greatly missed.

He is survived by his wife; children Colleen Wruck and her husband, Jim, of Harlowton, James Brickey Jr. of Stevensville, Mark Brickey of Libby and Tara Snyder and her husband, Chad, of Kalispell. Grandchildren include Ryan Richards and his wife, Crystal; Dustin Richards and his wife, Tammi; Vanessa Rauser and her husband, Rob; Stu, Brooke, Justin and Logan Brickey; Cayla, Jenee and Maree Wruck; and Ceara and Tristan Snyder.

Other suvivors are great-grandchildren Madison, Cameron, Ashley, Dylan, Gabriella and Ethan; brothers Bill Brickey and his wife, Beth, of Choteau, and Lloyd Brickey and his wife, Helen, of Deer Park, Wash; and many brothers- and sisters-in-law, cousins, nieces and nephews.

Funeral services were Thursday, Jan. 25, at Libby Christian Church. A reception followed.

There were no graveside services.